The cottage is not a residential refuge – however, we are able to refer to refuges in Mandurah, Perth, Rockingham or Bunbury.
Children are welcome at the cottage with their parent or guardian. There is a beautiful garden with play equipment and toys. A room is also available for breastfeeding, changing nappies and for mothers to have a break.
VOLUNTEERS AND SPEAKERS NEEDED
If you would like to volunteer to help out at Mums Cottage, or to be a speaker or hold a workshop, please get in touch.
Programs & Events
WA Mums Cottage aims to provide women with:
- Respite: the personal, private space to process one’s life story
- Mentoring: a strong network of support, companionship, encouragement and growth from others in similar circumstances
- Counselling: advice and guidance for families, children, individual and couples
- Advocacy: support for the protection of one’s human rights
- Well-being strategies: legal and financial advice, adult education, assistance in parenting matters, skills acquisition