Welcome to WA Mums Cottage…
Guests are invited to drop in whenever there is a need for a cuppa, friendly chat and some company. WA Mums Cottage is a place of respite from whatever challenges they face in their lives. A place of renewal and of resource.
The cottage is not a residential refuge – however, we are able to refer to refuges in Mandurah, Perth, Rockingham or Bunbury.
Children are welcome at the cottage with their parent or guardian. There is a beautiful garden with play equipment and toys. A room is also available for breastfeeding, changing nappies and for mothers to have a break.
Volunteers and speakers needed
If you would like to volunteer to help out at Mums Cottage, or to be a speaker or hold a workshop, please get in touch.
⭐⭐MUSIC BINGO⭐⭐ Fundraising event for WA Mums Cottage Inc
Please come along and support WA Mums Cottage Inc in a fun evening with Music Bingo and Dancing!
TICKETS ARE ONLY $15.00 including your bingo tickets plus free tea and coffee. BYO nibbles and bar available
- DATE: SATURDAY 7th SEPTEMBER
- WHERE: Halls Head Bowling Club, 3 Sticks Blvd Erskine
- TIME: Music Bingo 7pm to 10.30pm, Dancing 10.30pm to 11.30pm
Or call Mon to Fri – 9am – 5pm, 9595 1670
Or Mon to Sat – 9am – 5pm, 0466 129 730
ALL FUNDS GO DIRECTLY TO RUNNING WA MUMS COTTAGE INC
Thanks for your support…
To everyone who has supported the concept of WA Mums Cottage from the beginning and in thanksgiving for all they have contributed!!
You have made a huge difference to the lives of women and families in the Mandurah community and I thank you for it. We have been recognised at the Australia Day honours with a nomination in the the group category.
This recognition is much appreciated as is the need that is being fulfilled.
Alcoa Peel Volunteer Awards
We are now an Award winning charity! We won the Alcoa Peel Volunteer award for the best community group in the Peel Region.
Programs & Events
WA Mums Cottage aims to provide women with:
- Respite: the personal, private space to process one’s life story
- Mentoring: a strong network of support, companionship, encouragement and growth from others in similar circumstances
- Counselling: advice and guidance for families, children, individual and couples
- Advocacy: support for the protection of one’s human rights
- Well-being strategies: legal and financial advice, adult education, assistance in parenting matters, skills acquisition