Mums Cottage offers companionship, guidance, education and assistance to all members of the family unit.
Mums Cottage is a charitable community service that bases its foundation on empowering and improving the potential in the lives of families.
We walk with families as they take the first step to transition from difficult times to a brighter future.
Mums Cottage affirms the sacredness of each person and respects his or her dignity. We offer an invitation for each person to realise his or her full potential.
Guests are invited to drop in whenever there is a need for a cuppa, friendly chat and some company. WA Mums Cottage is a place of respite from whatever challenges they face in their lives. A place of renewal and of resource.
The cottage is not a residential refuge – however, we are able to refer to refuges in Mandurah, Perth, Rockingham or Bunbury.
Children are welcome at the cottage with their parent or guardian. There is a beautiful garden with play equipment and toys. A room is also available for breastfeeding, changing nappies and for mothers to have a break.
VOLUNTEERS AND SPEAKERS NEEDED
If you would like to volunteer to help out at Mums Cottage, or to be a speaker or hold a workshop, please get in touch.
Programs & Events
WA Mums Cottage aims to provide women with:
- Respite: the personal, private space to process one’s life story
- Mentoring: a strong network of support, companionship, encouragement and growth from others in similar circumstances
- Counselling: advice and guidance for families, children, individual and couples
- Advocacy: support for the protection of one’s human rights
- Well-being strategies: legal and financial advice, adult education, assistance in parenting matters, skills acquisition